To update option 1 in 6Poem, you must dial the line using your phone and entering the proper password.
To update options 2, 3 and 4 in the 6Poem phone answering system system, follow these instructions:
- Log in to: https://depot.isc-seo.upenn.edu/wfr
- Choose the group PCOM-KELLY-WRITERS
- Click the “Action Menu” and choose “Upload file”
- Note: Be sure your file is named using the kelly#.mp3 naming convention protocol
- The 6Poem number will sync any changes made at midnight.
Creating properly formatted files for 6Poem
- We recommend the audio program Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) for recording / editing audio files. For some reason or other, the required format is 8-bit μ-law WAV with a sampling rate of 8 kHz. The method I found for creating them is slightly cumbersome:
- Audacity allows you to specify μ-law encoding, but not sampling rate or bit depth (so far as I know). And iTunes lets you set the sampling rate and bit depth, but it doesn’t allow you to specify exotic WAV encoding formats. So I created 8-bit, 8-kHz WAVs in iTunes, then opened them in Audacity and saved them as μ-law files. You can choose μ-law encoding under the “Other uncompressed files” option in the “Export…” dialog box.