Today, we bring you another installment of our Top 5 blog series: Top 5 Resources for Advancing Equity during COVID-19. These resources provide recommendations and reflections on how to incorporate and prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Nonprofit Quarterly: COVID-19: Using a Racial Justice Lens Now to Transform Our Future. It is critical for philanthropy to remain committed to racial equity during periods of crisis. This resource advocates moving toward a transformative vision of the future through a racial justice lens: “By employing this lens at all times, funders can unlock long-term transformational impact and strengthen the community-wide infrastructure needed to foresee, respond to, and avert potential damages from crises like the COVID-19 pandemic.” Click here for more information.
- The Justice Collective: Coronavirus and Racial + Social Equity: Centering Justice During Times of Uncertainty and Four Things You Can do Right Now. In this resource The Justice Collective identifies equity considerations for leaders operating within and/or across the nonprofit, public, and private sectors. It states, “The work of equity requires us to slow down in the midst of challenges and crises, and take a bold stand in the interest of safety, first. Safety means many different things, and this is where centering equity becomes increasingly essential.” Click here for more information.
- Center for American Progress: Coronavirus Compounds Inequality and Endangers Communities of Color. The current pandemic is compounding the effects of inequity. At all levels of government, leaders must advocate for communities that are disproportionately disenfranchised due to the pervasive nature of structural racism. This resource provides recommendations to position equity at the forefront of pandemic relief efforts. Click here for more information.
- NAACP: Coronavirus Equity Considerations. The NAACP released a resource to guide officials responsible for addressing health, economic, and other impacts, in remediating some of the issues that are disproportionately affecting communities of color. This resource includes the top 10 impacts of COVID-19 on communities of color and the top 10 recommendations to temper that impact. Click here for more information.
- Racial Equity Tools: COVID-19 Racial Equity & Social Justice Resources. COVID-19 Racial Equity & Social Justice list includes links and information to help communities and activists as they work to understand and respond to the evolving pandemic. The COVID-19 resources are arranged in seven categories: Analysis, Resource and Tools, Healing and Community Care, Organizing and Solidarity, Resource Building & Rapid Response, Virtual Work and Online Engagement, and List of Lists. Click here for more information.
The City of Philadelphia and the world at large is presented with an opportunity to champion those most vulnerable. Join ImpactED in growing the conversation and advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion practices during the pandemic. Find additional resources on this topic at Keecha Harris and Associates: Racial Equity Resources for the COVID-19 crisis.
We will continue to share our Top 5 series on a weekly basis, so make sure you are following our Facebook and/or Twitter accounts to stay in the loop. If you are aware of additional resources please share them in the comments or tag them on our social media pages