DiverseForce On Boards Program
ImpactED at the University of Pennsylvania and DiverseForce are proud to partner together to offer the DiverseForce On Boards program, providing the training necessary for leaders of color to achieve greater effectiveness as organizational leaders while making a social impact.
Ideal candidates are current or emerging senior leaders of color from public, private, or nonprofit sectors seeking to achieve greater effectiveness as an organizational leader while making a social impact.
The program is a blend of live-learning, networking activities, supplemental experiences, and online resources. The cohort meets once per month for 4 hours at the University of Pennsylvania’s campus in University City.
6 required courses over a period of 7 months.
Course dates TBA
Spring 2020 (January) – Application available October 2019
Applicants must have the following prerequisites
- A bachelors degree
- At least 4 years of leadership experience in public, private, or nonprofit sector
- Currently serving on a nonprofit board or willing to serve on a nonprofit board
- Willingness to be a champion for diversity, inclusion, and equity
DiverseForce Board Matching Overview
There are more than 9,000 nonprofit organizations in the Greater Philadelphia area. All are governed by boards of directors, drawn from members of the public. In addition, municipal, state, and federal governments appoint thousands of citizens to serve the public good on their many agencies, boards, and commissions. However, a disconnect remains between who sits on these boards and the demographic make-up of the constituents they serve.
DiverseForce directly addresses this challenge with a board matching program that facilitates the placement of qualified professional of color in governance roles on nonprofit organizations and public agencies, boards, and commissions.
Our program provides:
- Board governance training, certification and matching for individuals seeking to achieve greater effectiveness as an organizational leader while making a social impact.
- “Off-the-job” leadership development training opportunities for companies looking to provide professional/leadership development opportunities for their high potential diverse talent.
- Board matching for nonprofit organizations and public agencies, boards, and commissions looking for qualified diverse professionals
Please visit DiverseForceOnBoards.com for more information.