Items of Potential Interest

I thought today I would just mention a few items that caught my attention and might be of interest to readers.

• I thought Pascal Boyer’s recent post at the International Cognition and Culture Institute was interesting.
  • Also at ICCI, Hugo Mercier just announced the Social Decisions Workshop. From the announcement: “Its goal is to bring together some of the top researchers are working to incorporate the social world into the study of decision making. Every two weeks or so, a new paper will be posted online. Everybody will be able to comment on the articles, with the authors joining the discussion.”
  • The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology published a piece on the “evolution of intergroup bias,” introducing the LTIAT, the Looking Time Implicit Association Task. Like the IAT, but with macaques…
  • And, for desert, Daryl Bem made it to the Colbert Report, discussing his recent paper on psi in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, including the line (at 7:13), referring to precognition, that “evolutionarily, that would be wonderful…”

03. February 2011 by kurzbanepblog
Categories: Blog | 5 comments

Comments (5)

1. I appreciate your blog. FYI, you’ve been selected as one of the top 25 psychology blogs of 2011 by The Best Colleges.

http://www.thebestcolleges.org/top-psychology-blogs/

2. You didn’t mention the publication of this BBS piece (on which you have a peer commentary nogal).

Skip to toolbar