News! AirPennNet-Guest is changing! Now we can simply connect guests with their email address. Note: Use of AirPennNet-Guest will need to be renewed weekly.
Message from ISC below—————————-
We are writing to inform you that changes are coming to the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network. This is targeted for release on Thursday, April 27, 2017 and will replace Penn’s current AirPennNet-Guest wireless network. The new system will streamline and improve registration, refresh aging infrastructure, and reduce or eliminate the administrative burden for special events. Clients will not need to do anything to prepare for these changes.
Who Is Affected?
Anyone who uses the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network will be affected. Please keep in mind that the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network is for visitors of Penn and not intended for student, faculty, or staff use.
What Will Change?
· The AirPennNet-Guest wireless network will act as one large wireless hotspot for campus
· Guests will be required to register a properly formatted e-mail address, therefore eliminating the dependency on having a PennKey
· All current forms of AirPennNet-Guest authentication (e.g., conference codes, Penn affiliate sponsorships, sponsored MAC, etc.) will no longer be used
· Registration of devices on the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network will need to be renewed daily, instead of weekly
· The AirPennNet-Guest wireless network will block hosts that may serve malicious content
· In case of abuse, repeat offenders will be blocked from using the AirPennNet-Guest wireless network
AirPennNet-SIG will meet on Tuesday, April 4, 2017 at 1:00 PM in Bits and Pieces Room 306 Sansom West.<http://www.facilities.upenn.edu/maps/locations/sansom-place-west> Please join us!
– The AirPennNet-Guest Project Team