Bio & CV

Download CV: PDF

I am a Professor of Economics at the University of Pennsylvania and have served as Chair of the Department of Economics from July 2018 to June 2021. I am also a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) and a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR). I have served on the editorial board (as co-editor) of the International Economic Review from 2005-2009 and as co-editor of Quantitative Economics from 2011-2018. I have been a Visiting Scholar at several central banks.

My research areas are econometrics and empirical macroeconomics. Much of my work can be classified as macroeconometrics and is related to the Bayesian analysis of dynamic stochastic general equilibrium (DSGE) models. My research provides a set of tools that are useful for empirical work with modern macroeconomic models, including forecasting and policy analysis. I have applied these methods to analyze the sources of business cycle fluctuations and to study the effects of monetary policy. In recent years, I have also worked on forecasting with dynamic panel data models and, more generally, on the estimation of models with unobserved heterogeneity.

My Amazon Author Page: [Link]

My Google Scholar Page: [Link]

My RePEc Page: [Link]

My SSRN Author Page: [Link]