- On Passives of Passives. Guest Lecture at Advanced Syntax Seminar: Valency-changing Processes. (by Benjamin Bruening, University of Delaware). February 25, 2020.
- Variable Causee in Sason Arabic. Syntax Brown Bag Talk Series, NYU. February 1, 2019.
- On Iranian Case and Agreement. Colloquium Talk at the Department of Linguistics, University of Vienna. December 15, 2017.
- The speaker in vocatives. Guest Lecture at Advanced Syntax Seminar: The Syntax of Addressees. (by Bill Haddican, Department of Linguistics, CUNY). October 11, 2017.
- On Arabic Varieties of Eastern Anatolia. International Workshop on the Spoken Arabic of Siirt – Past, Present and Future. May 27-28, 2016.
- Specificity in Sason Arabic: Semantics, Syntax, Morphology. 1st International Symposium on Spoken Arabic Dialects and their Oral Literature in Turkey. May 17-19, 2013.
- (with Lefteris Paparounas). Binding and agreement in Turkish. Flash talk at the 51st Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society (NELS 51). November 6-8. Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM).
- Applicative Voice: Geminate Causatives in Sason Arabic
- Poster at the 38th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (WCCFL 38). March 6-8. University of British Columbia.
- Talk at the 5th Workshop on Turkic and languages in contact with Turkic (Tu+ 5). February 8-9. University of Delaware. [handout].
- (with Lefteris Paparounas). Agreement patterns in the Turkish NP. Talk at the 5th Workshop on Turkic and languages in contact with Turkic (Tu+ 5). February 8-9. University of Delaware. [handout].
- A’-movement feeds licensing: A view from causatives. Poster at the 94th Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America (LSA).January 2-5. New Orleans. [poster]. [handout].
- (with Lefteris Paparounas). Binding versus agreement in the Turkish NP. Poster at the 94th Annual Meeting of the Linguistic Society of America (LSA).January 2-5. New Orleans. [poster].
- A’-movement feeds licensing: A phase-based account. Talk at the 50th Annual Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society (NELS 50). October 25-27. MIT. [pdf].
- Geminate Causatives in Sason Arabic. Talk at the 47th Annual Meeting of the North Atlantic Conference on Afroasiatic Linguistics (NACAL 47). June 24-26. Université Sorbonne Paris Cité – INALCO.
- Implicit argument as a free variable: Evidence from pronoun licensing. Talk at the 6th Semantics of African, Asian, and Austronesian Languages (TripleA 6). May 31 – June 2. MIT. [handout].
- A’-movement feeds licensing: Evidence from Indirect Causatives in Sason Arabic
- (with Mohammed Salih, David Embick). Alignment and argument indexing in the Standard and Garmiani varieties of Sorani Kurdish. Talk at the 2nd North American Conference in Iranian Linguistics (NACIL 2). University of Arizona, April 19-21. [handout].
- Dative Arguments in Turkish: Caused Experiencers vs Benefactives. Talk at Tu+4. NYU, February 15-16. [handout].
- (with Balkız Öztürk). Cognate Objects as a diagnostics for unergatives: A Case Study of Sason Arabic. Talk at the Unergative predicates Architecture and variation. January 18-19.
- (with Kevin Tang). OCP effects in Turkish partial reduplication: Locality and feature specificity. Talk at the Old World Conference on Phonology (OCP 15). January 12-14. [slides].
- (with Julie Anne Legate). Turkish Passive Impersonals. 48th North East Linguistics Society (NELS 48). Iceland, October 27-29.
- (with Julie Anne Legate). Turkish “Double Passives” and the Theory of Passives. Passives- A Cross-linguistic Workshop. September 16-17.
- (with Virginia Hill). The speaker in inverse and reverse vocatives. The West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (WCCFL 35). April 28-30.
- (with Julie Anne Legate). Turkish “Double Passives”. Cambridge Workshop on Voice (CamVoice). May 22-24.
- Deriving Split-Ergativity in Iranian Languages. 1st North American Conference in Iranian Linguistics (NACIL 1). Stony Brook. April 28-30.
- (with Virginia Hill). Speaker visibility in syntax. GLOW in Asia XI. February 20–22.
- (with Kevin Tang). The importance of sampling and task effects: Turkish Partial Reduplication revisited. The 14th Old World Conference in Phonology (OCP 14). February 20–22.
- The Development of the Copula in Arabic Varieties. Language Contact, Continuity and Change in the Emergence of Modern Hebrew. Hebrew University of Jerusalem. July 4-6.[slides]
- Discourse participants in the nominal domain. Talk at the 12th Workshop on Formal Altaic Linguistics (WAFL 12). May 13-15. [slides]
- Agreement and Anaphora in the context of Imposters. Poster at the 34th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (WCCFL 34). April 29-May 1.
- Discourse participants in the nominal domain. Talk at the GLOW 39 – Workshop on Phonological and Syntactic Reconstruction of Speech Acts. April 8.
- On Copular Clauses in Cherokee. Talk at the 21st Workshop on Structure and Constituency in Languages of the Americas (WSCLA 21). The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM). April 1-3.
- (with Robert Frank). Agreeing with Imposters: Evidence for a Local vs. Non-local Person Contrast. Talk at the 40th Penn Linguistics Conference (PLC 40). March 18-20.
- What can vocatives tell us about the speech act layer?. SYNC. NYU, December 5.
- Suspended Affixation with Derivational Suffixes and Lexical Integrity. MMM10 – 10th Mediterranean Morphological Meeting. September 7-10.
- (with Balkız Öztürk). Cognate Objects in Sason Arabic. LAEL – Linguistic Approaches to Endangered Languages: Theory and Description. Boğaziçi University.
- (with Elabbas Benmamoun). The History and Syntax of the Copula Construction in Sason Arabic. LAEL – Linguistic Approaches to Endangered Languages: Theory and Description. Boğaziçi University.
- (with Songül Gündoğdu). How does negation operate in Kurmanji Syntax?. ICIL6 – 6th International Conference on Iranian Linguistics. June 23-26.
- The Arabic Dialect of Mutki-Sason Areas. AIDA11 – 11th Conference of AIDA. University of Bucharest.
- The Syntax of (Complex) Tense in Sason Arabic. ASAL29 – The 29th Annual symposium on Arabic Linguistics. The University of Wisconsin–Milwaukee, April 9-11.
- (with Elabbas Benmamoun). Syntactic Outcomes of Contact in Sason Arabic. Arabic in Contact: Linguistic and Sociolinguistic Perspectives. December 15-17.
- (with Elabbas Benmamoun). The Syntax of Negation in Contact Contexts: The Case of Sason Arabic. ASAL28 – The 28th Annual symposium on Arabic Linguistics. University of Florida, Gainesville, March 13-15.
- On LF-PF Match in Sason Arabic. ASAL28 – The 28th Annual symposium on Arabic Linguistics. University of Florida, Gainesville, March 13-15.
- Light Verb Constructions in Turkish: A Case for DP Predication and Blocking. WAFL9 – The 9th Workshop on Altaic Formal Linguistics. Cornell University. August 23-25.
- Implications of the Loss of the Definite Article in Sason Arabic. The 6th International Arabic Linguistics Symposium. Al-Akhawayn University, Morocco. June 26-28.