I am a fifth-year graduate student in the Mathematics Department at the University of Pennsylvania where I work on Algebraic Geometry under the supervision of Antonella Grassi . I expect to graduate in May 2021.
Before coming to Penn I completed a B.Sc. and a M.Sc. ( Master’s Thesis ) degree in Mathematics at the Federal University of Paraná in Brazil.
My current research focuses on the geometry of genus one fibrations.
During Fall 2020 I am applying for academic jobs.
- I am co-organizing the American Graduate Student Algebraic Geometry Seminar (AGSAGS) with Jennifer Li, Lena Ji, Roberto Albesiano and Samir Canning.
- My graduate studies are currently supported by a Dissertation Completion Fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania
- Last Spring I was named a 2020 Dean’s Scholar
- In July 2020 I participated in the Women in Algebraic Geometry workshop at ICERM (virtual). I was a participant in the project about automorphisms of K3s.
- I spent a wonderful semester at MSRI during Spring 2019 as a program associate in the Birational Geometry and Moduli Spaces program.
- Since 2018 I’ve been serving as one of the Master TAs in the Math department
alinez AT math DOT upenn DOT edu