Sonie Guseh Osagie, C’10
Sonie Guseh Osagie, C’10

Senior Director of Strategy and Operations, CNBC

San Francisco, CA

English Major, Hispanic Studies Minor

As the Senior Director of Strategy and Operations at CNBC, based in San Francisco, I bring over a decade of experience in developing and executing strategies for new and emerging content businesses. My background in English and Hispanic Studies has served as a foundation for my passion in content creation and audience engagement.

When the pandemic hit, we successfully transitioned from physical to virtual programming, drawing larger audiences across locations to our events.

I have led launch experiences at companies such as HBO, Conde Nast, and Comcast’s Xfinity Mobile, and have learned the importance of understanding what resonates with your target audience. Currently, I lead a team that focuses on membership and audience experience for CNBC Councils and CNBC Events, which are part of the NBCUniversal News Group. Our premium content, tailored for C-suite leaders, investors, and other executives, is delivered across various platforms, including virtual and in-person events.

I played a crucial role in launching and executing the strategy and operations for our group, and the team I lead now manages end-to-end audience and member relationships, as well as strategic planning and analysis. We are proud to produce content that inspires and supports leaders in their day-to-day roles.

When the pandemic hit, we successfully transitioned from physical to virtual programming, drawing larger audiences across locations to our events. I am also proud to have worked on the development of CNBC’s award-winning daily news podcast, Squawk Pod.

I am excited by the opportunities in the media industry and the ability to create content that informs and inspires audiences. My freshman-year self had no idea that there were jobs like this out there. I was always interested in journalism and media, but I didn’t realize how complex media organizations can be and how there are so many different content platforms and ways to forge a path in this industry. I’d like to think that my freshman-year self would be proud. — December 21, 2022 • Photo submitted by Sonie Guseh Osagie