Here is my Google Scholar page.
3. “Quadrupole topological photonic crystals“, L. He, Z. Addison, E.J. Mele, BZ, arxiv 1911.03980.
2. “Observation of unidirectional bound states in the continuum enabled by topological defects“, X. Yin, J. Jin, M. Soljacic, C. Peng, BZ, arxiv 1904.11464.
1. “Polarization state of radiation from a photonic crystal slab“, C. W. Hsu, BZ, M. Soljacic, A. D. Stone,
31. “Topologically enabled ultra-high-Q guided resonances robust to out-of-plane scattering“, J. Jin, X. Yin, L. Ni, M. Soljacic, BZ, C. Peng, Nature 574, 501-504 (2019). [Nature news] [Penn news]
30. “Bound states in the continuum in low contrast fiber Bragg gratings“, X. Gao, BZ, M. Soljacic, H. Chen, C.W. Hsu, ACS Photonics (2019).
28. “Synthesis and observation of non-Abelian gauge fields in real space“, Y. Yang, C. Peng, D. Zhu, H. Buljan, J.D. Joannopoulos, BZ, M. Soljacic, Science 365, 6457, 1021-1025 (2019). [news]
27. “Exceptional surfaces in PT-symmetric non-Hermitian photonic systems“, H. Zhou, J. Lee, S. Liu, BZ, Optica 6, 2, 190 (2019).
26. “Topological band theory for non-Hermitian Hamiltonians“, H. Shen, BZ, L. Fu, Phys. Rev. Lett. 120, 146402 (2018).
25. “Observation of bulk Fermi arc and polarization half charge from paired exceptional points“, H. Zhou, C. Peng, Y. Yoon, C. W. Hsu, K. A. Nelson, L. Fu, J. D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljacic, BZ, Science 359, 1009 (2018). Here is a Perspective on it.
2017 and before (@ MIT) ————————————————————————————————————
24. “General theory of spontaneous emission near exceptional points“, A. Pick, BZ, O. D. Miller, C. W. Hsu, F. Hernandez, A. W. Rodriguez, M. Soljacic, and S. G. Johnson, Optics Express 25, 11, 12325 (2017). Editor’s Pick
23. “Dynamically encircling exceptional points: exact evolution and polarization state conversion“, A. U. Hassan, BZ, M. Soljacic, M. Khajavikhan, and D. Christodoulides, Phys. Rev. Lett. 118, 093002 (2017).
22. “Symmetry, stability, and computation of degenerate lasing modes“, D. Liu, BZ, L. Ge, F. Hernandez, A. Pick, S. Burkhardt, M. Liertzer, S. Rotter, and S. G. Johnson, Phys. Rev. A 95, 023835 (2017).
21. “Topologically enabled optical nano-motors“, O. Ilic, I. Kaminer, BZ, O. D. Miller, H. Buljan, and M. Soljacic, Science Advances 3, 6, e1602738 (2017).
20. “Spectrally and spatially resolved Smith-Purcell radiation in plasmonic crystals with short-range disorder“, I. Kaminer, S.E. Kooi, R. Shiloh, BZ, Y. Shen, J.J. Lopez, R. Remez, S.A. Skirlo, Y. Yang, J.D. Joannopoulos, A. Arie, and M. Soljacic, Phys. Rev. X 7, 1, 011003 (2017).
19. “Electromagnetic pathways: flexible yet robust“, BZ and M. Soljacic, Nature Materials (News & Views), 15, 494-495 (2016).
18. “Bound states in the continuum“, C. W. Hsu, BZ, A. Doug Stone, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, Nature Review Materials, 1, 16048 (2016).
17. “Direct imaging of the iso-frequency contours in photonic structures”, E. C. Regan, Y. Igarashi, BZ, I. Kaminer, C. W. Hsu, Y. Shen, J.D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljačić. Science Advances, 2: e1601591 (2016).
16. “Shrinking light to allow forbidden transition on the atomic scale“, N. Rivera, I. Kaminer, BZ, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, Science, 353, 6296, 263-269 (2016).
15. “Perfect single-sided radiation and absorption without mirrors“, H. Zhou, BZ, C. W. Hsu, O. D. Miller, S. G. Johnson, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, Optica, 3, 1079-1086 (2016).
14. “Optically thin metallic films for high-radiative-efficiency plasmonics“, Y. Yi, BZ, C. W. Hsu, O. D. Miller, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, Nano. Lett., 16, 7, 4110 (2016).
13. “Controlling directionality and dimensionality of wave propagation through separable bound states in the continuum“, N. Rivera, C. W. Hsu, BZ, H. Bujian, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, Scientific Report, 6, 33394 (2016)
12. “Formation mechanism of guided resonances and bound states in the continuum in photonic crystal slabs“, X. Gao, C. W. Hsu, BZ, X. Lin, J. D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljacic, and H. Chen, Scientific Report, 6, 31908 (2016)
11. “Substrate-independent light confinement in bioinspired all-dielectric surface resonators“, E. C. Regan, Y. Shen, J. J. Lopez, C. W. Hsu, BZ, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, ACS Photonics, 3 (4) 532-536 (2016).
10. “Spawning rings of exceptional points out of Dirac cones“, BZ, C. W. Hsu, Y. Igarashi, L. Ling, I. Kaminer, A. Pick, S.-L. Chua, J. D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljacic, Nature 525, 354 (2015).
9. “Topological nature of optical bound states in the continuum“, BZ, C. W. Hsu, L. Ling, A. D. Stone, and M. Soljacic, Phys. Rev. Lett. 113, 257401 (2014).
8. “Fabricating centimeter-scale
7. “Transparent displays enabled by resonant nanoparticle scattering”, C.W. Hsu, BZ, W. Qiu, O. Shapira, B.G. Delacy, J.D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljačić, Nat. Comm. 7, 3152 (2014).
6. “Modeling of threshold and
5. “Enabling enhanced emission and low-threshold lasing of organic molecules using special Fano resonances of macroscopic photonic crystals”, BZ, S.-L. Chua, J. Lee, A.W. Rodriguez, X. Liang, S. G. Johnson, J.D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljačić, and O. Shapira, PNAS 110 (34) 13711-13716 (2013). [Featured on the cover]
4. “Observation of trapped light within the radiation continuum”, C. W. Hsu, BZ, J. Lee, SL. Chua, S.G. Johnson, J.D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljačić, Nature 499 (7457), 188-191 (2013)
3. “Bloch surface eigenstates within the radiation continuum”, C. W. Hsu, BZ, SL. Chua, S.G. Johnson, J.D. Joannopoulos, and M. Soljačić, Invited Article in Light: Science & Applications 2(7), 84 (2013).
2. “Topological dangling bonds with large spin splitting and enhanced spin polarization on the surface of Bi2Te3”, H. Lin, T. Das, Y. Okada, M. C. Boyer, W. D. Wise, M. Tomasik, BZ, E. W. Hudson, W. Zhou, V. Madhavan, C. Ren, H. Ikuta, and A. Bansil, Nano Letters 13(5), 1915-1919 (2013).
1. “Observation and differentiation of unique high-Q optical resonances near zero wave vector in macroscopic photonic crystal slabs”, J. Lee*, BZ*, SL. Chua*, W. Qiu, J.D. Joannopoulos, M. Soljačić, and O. Shapira, Phys. Rev. Lett. 109(6), 067401 (2012).