Blood System Text 1

 

课文(一):献血对身体有好处

一些手术病人需要输血,所需的血液大部分来自人们献的血。适量献血,不但能帮助别人,对自己的身体也有好处。

一个健康人的总血量,约体重的 8%,一个成年人的总血量为4000~5000 毫升。平时 80%的血液在心脏和血管里,另外 20%的血液储存等的毛细血管内。

成年人的骨髓平均每天可造出 15 亿个血细胞,同时也有相同数量的血细胞死亡。骨髓的造血功能会随着年龄的增长而逐渐减退。坚持长期适量献血的人,骨髓造血系统不断受到激发,新鲜血细胞的比例明显较高。

适量献血还可以预防心脏病。一项调查发现,血液中含铁量过高,会明显增加得心脏病的风险,而适量献血可以使血液中的含铁量降低。

适量献血还可以降低血脂。由于体力活动的减少和生活水平的提高,很多人的血脂长期处于较高的水平,俗称“血稠”。“血稠”会使脂肪堆积在血管壁上,最后导致动脉硬化,血管弹性降低。经常献血,则减少了一部分黏稠的血液,血脂就会下降,减轻了动脉硬化的隐患

 

Chinese Part of Speech Pinyin English
输血 (v) shūxuè to have a blood transfusion
适量 (adj) shìliàng moderate
献血 (v) xiànxiě to donate blood
(v) zhàn to account for
(adv) yuē approximately
储存 (v) chǔcún to store
(n) gān liver
(n) spleen
毛细血管 (n) máoxì xuèguǎn blood capillary
骨髓 (n) gǔsuǐ bone marrow
减退 (v) jiǎntuì to slow down
激发 (v) jīfā to stimulate
血脂 (n) xuèzhī blood fat
血稠 (n) xuèchóu high-fat blood
脂肪 (n) zhīfáng fat
血管壁 (n) xuèguǎnbì blood vessel wall
动脉硬化 (n) dòngmài yìnghuà arteriosclerosis
弹性 (n) tánxìng elasticity
粘稠 (adj) niánchóu thick
隐患 (n) yǐnhuàn hidden trouble

 

Text (1): blood donation is good for your health

Some surgical patients need blood transfusions, and most of the blood they need comes from donated blood. A proper amount of blood donation not only helps others but is also good for one’s health.

The total blood volume of a healthy person, accounting for about 8% of the body weight, the total blood volume of an adult is about 4000 ~ 5000 ml. At ordinary times, 80% of the blood is in the heart and blood vessels, and the other 20% is stored in the capillaries of the liver and spleen.

Adults’ bone marrow produces an average of 1.5 billion blood cells a day, and the same number die. Bone marrow hematopoietic function will gradually decline with age. For those who insist on long-term appropriate blood donation, the bone marrow hematopoietic system is constantly stimulated, and the proportion of fresh blood cells is significantly higher.

Moderate blood donation can also prevent heart disease. A survey found that high iron content in the blood significantly increases the risk of heart disease, and proper donation of blood can reduce iron content in the blood.

An appropriate amount of blood donation can also reduce blood lipids. Due to the reduction of physical activity and the improvement of living standards, many people’s blood lipids are at a high level for a long time, commonly known as “high-fat blood”. This can make adipose accumulate on the vascular wall, finally causing arteriosclerosis, decreasing vessel flexibility. Regular blood donation can reduce the thickness of blood and reduce blood lipids and the risk of arteriosclerosis.