A Forticlient VPN connection is necessary to gain off-campus / wifi access to the Shared Drives, Filemaker Pro servers and some other services. Note that you do not need to use Forticlient VPN if you are using wired on-campus computers.
Request VPN access by filling out this form: https://upenn.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_d6lrw3Ta4gJ0Av3
- If you’re in the Kelly Writers House or Creative / Critical Writing, use the following information when asked:
- Local Support Provider (LSP) Name: Chris Martin
- LSP Support Team: CPCW
You will hear back within a couple of days with instructions on how to install and configure Forticlient.
- Note that PennKey Two-Step Verification using Duo Mobile push notifications (preferred) or Voice/Text notifications is required for FortiClient VPN access. To check on your Two-Step Verification setup please click here: https://twostep.apps.upenn.edu/
- If you think you’ve forgotten your Forticlient password, make sure to try your Pennkey password — the passwords for these two accounts match. If you still need to reset your password, resetting your Pennkey password will also reset your Forticlient VPN password. Go here to do so: https://pennkeysupport.upenn.edu/help
- If you haven’t yet installed or need to reinstall Forticlient, you can download the installer and instructions from here: https://upenn.box.com/v/FortiClient
Do you also need to get setup with a Shared Drive / FMP account? Click here for more information.