Use the instructions below to get started with using the technology in Classroom 111 at CPCW (3808 Walnut). If you need assistance, call 215-898-4947.
Turning On and Using the Monitor
1 . To begin, make sure the small touch screen on the rack is turned on. If not, tap the power button.
2. If the system is powered off, you will see this screen. Tap the icon in the center to power on the system. If the system is already powered on, you will see the screen in Step 3.
3. Select what you would like to display on the screen:
- In-room PC (hit the SPACE BAR to wake up the computer and log in with your Pennkey)
- BluRay Player
- Laptop (if you select laptop, see note below)
If you selected “Laptop”…
There is a VGA and HDMI cable attached to the rack. Plug one of them into your laptop. On the touchscreen, make sure to select either “VGA” or “HDMI” accordingly.
VGA only: If you need audio, plug the provided audio cable into the headphone jack of your laptop as well. HDMI connections do not require the use of the audio cable.
To control the volume levels, use the UP and DOWN arrows on the bottom right of the touch screen.
If you are using your own laptop with a VGA connection, you will need to connect the available audio cable to your headphone jack.
For best results, make sure the volume on the in-room PC or your laptop is turned UP.
Powering Off the System
1 . To shut down the system, tap the “System Off” button on the bottom left of the touch screen.
2. Confirm you want to power off the system by pressing the button in the center of the touch screen.