2021 Event Resources

Here we share select materials and videos from the workshops, seminars, and panels presented during the first ever annual mind DivE In Weekend event. We hope you can find these resources useful to you as you prepare for graduate school and beyond!

Video Recordings & Materials

Overview of PhD Applications

29 min 32 sec | pdf

Recommendation Letter Workshop

28 min 09 sec | pdf

Understanding Funding Options

35 min 43 sec | pdf

Paths through Academia: Opportunities After College & Grad School

45 min 19 sec | pdf

Building an Ongoing Mentorship & Support Network

47 min 24 sec | pdf

Photo Gallery

Testimonials

Mind DivE In weekend helped me become a better applicant for graduate school by showing me how to manage my time and find resources for my future academic career. After the time I’ve spent in this event I pretty much feel way more confident about applying to a PhD program in Cognitive Neuroscience. 

- Neslihan Caliskan

This event provided a space for constructive advice for applying to grad school and looking for jobs after grad school or before grad school. It also made me feel more comfortable with my future options.

- Anonymous

Mind DivE In provided me with so many resources and information that are oftentimes hard to come by for POC and queer folks. The things that I learned this weekend and the people that I was able to meet are invaluable.

- Eivan Herrera-Valde

DivE In was a uniquely informative, comprehensive, and fun PhD preview program! The organizers truly care, the attendees are amazing people to connect with, and the guest speakers have some much information to share. Moreover, its mission of introducing underrepresented early career scholars to PhD programs is a particularly important mission in academia. I would recommend Dive In to any individual who wants to learn more about the PhD process and experience.

- Marcus Trenfield

This program was deeply invaluable to my success. The people I met and the information I obtained was so useful that it is hard to put into words. Thank you to all that helped organize!

- Jocelyn Ricard

This event has helped me deciding the best path for me in graduate school. It showed me several ways to improve my application materials (personal statement, letters of recommendations, emails-to-professors), and how to prepare prior to graduate school. It is worth it and I highly recommend it.

- Camilo Castelblanco

This weekend came at a critical transitional period for me and gave me the opportunity to be self-reflective with amazing people from such diverse backgrounds. I genuinely feel like I have made lasting connections with people who are open, kind, and energizing! Everyone at MindCORE volunteered and truly cares about this program, and this made everything so much more enjoyable and welcoming.

- Jasmine

This event really was a crash course in furthering my education. I learned so much in such a short period of time and left more confident in my future plans.

- Anonymous

This was a very informative weekend that helped me make connections and give me access to information I would not have had otherwise.”

- Angel Cox

Our Sponsors

mindCORE logo