- Red Scare? A Study of Ethnic Prejudice in the Prosecutions under the Economic Espionage Act
(with Ming Li), September 2021.
NBER Working Paper 29272.
- The Affordable Care Act After a Decade: Its Impacts on the Labor Market and the Macro Economy
(with Dirk Krueger), September 2021.
- Physician Induced Demand: Evidence from China’s Drug Price Zero-Markup Policy
(with Xiaoyan Lei, Julie Shi and Xuejie Yi), June, 2021.
- Delay the Pension Age or Adjust the Pension Benefit? Implications for Labor Supply and Individual Welfare in China
(with Yuanyuan Deng, Katja Hanewald and Shang Wu), May 2021.
- Family Companionship and Elderly Suicide: Evidence from Chinese Lunar New Year
(with Ziteng Lei, Liguo Lin and Peng Zhang), March 2021.
Consumer Vulnerability and Behavioral Biases
(with Zenan Wu), November 2020.
- Pandemics, Global Supply Chains, and Local Labor Demand: Evidence from 100 Million Posted Jobs in China
(with Chunmian Ge, Hanwei Huang and Hongbin Li), October 2020.
- Window Dressing in the Public Sector: A Case Study of China’s Compulsory Education Promotion Program
(with Chang Liu and Li-An Zhou), July 2020.
- Competition and Quality: Evidence from High-Speed Rails and Airlines
(with Long Wang and Yang Yang), June 26, 2020.
- Confidence Management in Tournaments
(with Shanglyu Deng, Qiang Fu and Zenan Wu), May 10, 2020. Comments Welcome.
- Long-Term Health Insurance: Theory Meets Evidence
(with Juan Pablo Atal, Martin Karlsson, and Nicolas R. Ziebarth), Revised, February 25, 2021.
- The Collateral Channel of Monetary Policy: Evidence from China
(with Yongqin Wang and Xian Wu), revised, August 2021.
- The State of Mental Health Among the Elderly Chinese
(with Yi Chen), January 2020.
- Equilibrium Consequences of Corruption on Firms: Evidence from China’s Anti-Corruption Campaign
(with Haoyuan Ding, Shu Lin and Kang Shi), January 2020, NBER Working Paper 26656.
- Joint Labor Search, Spousal Insurance, and Health Care Reform
(with Andrew Shephard), October 2019, R&R, Econometrica.
- Factions, Local Accountability, and Long-Term Development: Theory and Evidence
(with Linke Hou, Mingxing Liu, Colin Lixin Xu and Pengfei Zhang), revised, January 2020.
- In the Shadows of the Government: Relationship Building During Political Turnovers
(with Zhe Li, Nianhang Xu and Hongjun Yan), November 2018.
Online Appendix is here.
- Why Do Insurers Selectively Enter Counties in a Rating Area on the ACA Marketplaces?
(with Ami Ko), April 2020.
An earlier version was circulated under the title:
Partial Rating Area Offering in the ACA Marketplaces: Facts, Theory and Evidence
- Inferring the Ideological Affiliations of Political Committees via Financial Contributions Networks
(with Yiran Chen), December 2017.
NBER Working Paper 24130.
- Rosca Meets Formal Credit Market
(with Rongzhu Ke and Li-An Zhou), this version, October 2015.
This research was supported by NSF Grant SES-1122902.
This paper also appeared as NBER Working Paper No. 21683.
The file for the numerical example is here.
- The Dynamics of Adjustable-Rate Subprime Mortgage Default: A Structural Estimation
(with You S. Kim and Wenli Li), This Draft, January 11, 2016.
- Mothers’ Employment and Children’s Educational Gender Gap
(with Xiaodong Fan and Simen Markussen), this draft, May 2015.
This paper also appeared as NBER Working Paper No. 21183.
- Overcoming Participation Constraints
(with Peter Norman), This Version, February 2006.
Detailed Appendix for the derivations in the unraveling example.