- “There’s No Evidence Atlanta Spa Victims Were Sex Workers – So Why Is That Part of the Narrative?”
Grace Kao speaks about the lack of reporting on Asian American issues to The Wrap.
- “As pandemic recedes, mass shootings again jolt America”
Grace Kao quoted in an LA Times article about the safety of Asian Americans beyond the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Addressing anti-Asian violence amid increasing attacks”
Grace Kao appears on KRON, in a segment on addressing anti-Asian violence in the U.S.
- “Calls For Hate Crime Charges After Atlanta Area Spa Shootings”
Grace Kao is a guest on CNN’s New Day program, speaking about the long history of anti-Asian discrimination in the U.S.
- “Xenophobia During Pandemic Hits Asian Americans In Connecticut”
Grace Kao appears on WNPR to talk about xenophobia during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Asian American doctors and nurses are fighting racism and coronavirus”
Grace Kao quoted in Washington Post article on Asian American healthcare workers amidst the coronavirus and racism against Asians.
- “How the coronavirus is surfacing America’s deep-seated anti-Asian biases”
Grace Kao speaks to Vox about the long history of anti-Chinese bias in the U.S.
- “Trump’s use of the term ‘Chinese Virus’ for coronavirus hurts Asian Americans, says expert”
Grace Kao interviewed in The Hill about xenophobia towards Asians and Asian Americans.
- “Less and Later Marriage in South Korea”
Hyunjoon Park speaks to Omnia Magazine about marriage rates in South Korea.
- “Ask Code Switch: What About Your Friends?”
Grace Kao discusses interracial relationships and friendships with NPR’s Code Switch podcast.
- “Friendship, romance and race: What sociologist Grace Kao found”
Grace Kao is interviewed by Yale News about her work on interracial relationships and friendships.
- “[에듀체크]학생 수 줄면 대학 가기 쉬워질까?”
Joongbaeck Kim interviewed in Joongang Daily News about competition for admissions to Seoul-area universities. (Korean language)
- “SKY 고소득층 비율 46%, 다른 대학 2배…의대는 더 높다”
Joongbaeck Kim quoted in Joongang Daily News on class mobility among young Koreans. (Korean language)
- “극심한 취업난에 화병·우울증…아프니까 청춘? 진짜 아프다!”
Joongbaeck Kim interviewed in Segye Daily News about the mental health of young people. (Korean language)
- “알바도 인맥 없으면 못 해…대학가 편의점 경쟁률 10대 1”
Joongbaeck Kim speaks to Joongang Daily News about youth under- and unemployment. (Korean language)