Executive Officers

LPSGov Executive officers and Program Representatives are volunteer positions held by members of the graduate programs within LPS, elected by members of those same graduate programs.

Nakisha Jones

Nakisha Jones

President

email: lpsgov-pres@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Behavioral and Decision Sciences

Nakisha Renee is pursuing her Master of Behavioral and Decision Sciences. She values restorative social equity, humanitarianism, and giving back to her community. She’s an accomplished, compassionate, socially conscious leader who is usually serving under-represented and under-resourced populations. She is a certified diversity, equity and inclusion consultant who hides behind Fortune 100 companies trying to make a change in the finance sector. She also enjoys adventures with her toddler and spontaneous salsa dancing.

Cydney Chai

Cydney Chai

Executive Vice President

email: lpsgov-vicepres@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Science in Organizational Development

As a Business Operations Manager with a proven track record in the higher education industry, Cydney has experience leading teams, overseeing operations, organizing events, and building relationships. She has contributed to the LPS Gov Governance team and is well-versed in operational tasks. She leverages data and digital tools to enhance efficiency and results. Cydney is passionate about connecting with people and creating memorable experiences. As the Vice President of the LPS Gov, she uses her skills and expertise to serve the LPS community and advance its interests.
Benjamin Wanjura

Benjamin Wanjura

co-VP of Finance

email: lpsgov-finance@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Liberal Arts

Having graduated in Industrial Engineering whilst working full-time in 2018, I worked in the finance industry for three and a half years before coming to Penn in 2022. Currently, I am pursuing an MLA, a program that I chose because of its flexibility to explore my diverse areas of interest. With one semester left, I am currently working on my master thesis at the Wharton School. I am committed, organized, and always eager to learn new skills and make new experiences. My passions include music, foreign languages, and photography.

August Graf von Waldburg

August Graf von Waldburg

co-VP of Finance

email: lpsgov-finance@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Liberal Arts

I have a diverse background, having worked in consumer trade in Hong Kong for two years before completing my undergraduate degree in London, UK.
After spending some time in consulting, I joined a Berlin-based Ed-tech startup. I focussed on gaining entrepreneurial, organizational and operative skills home to the fast-paced startup scene of Berlin.
I chose the Master of Liberal Arts program because I am passionate about learning and exploring new ideas. The program allows me to delve deeper into my many areas of interest, including business and politics.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with friends, playing soccer, and exploring nature.

Virginia Albert

Virginia Albert

VP of Communications

email: lpsgov-communications@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Liberal Arts

Virginia Albert is the Director of Communications for LPSGov and has over 11 years of professional advertising and communication experience, including Ogilvy, DDB, VMLY&R, Devito/Verdi, and more. She has developed extensive communications outreach plans for the New York Junior League, Austin Advertising Federation, The University of Texas at Austin’s alumni network, and more, helping solve social justice issues of homelessness, domestic abuse, and more and fundraising efforts for scholarships.

She is excellent at connecting people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and walks of life with consistent and clear communication and messaging. There are so many significant initiatives that LPS is pursuing. Hearing about these experiences is really powerful as a way to connect to U. Penn. She is interested in helping connect the broader community with all the amazing work LPS is doing. She is skilled at graphic design, messaging, social media, and more.

Raghav Khemka

Raghav Khemka

VP of Operations

email: lpsgov-operations@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Environmental Studies

Raghav Khemka is a key figure at Ashoka, overseeing the venture and fellowship program and supporting social entrepreneurs across several South Asian countries. He focuses on climate issues and sustainability alongside his advisory role with the Khemka Foundation and directorship in some Khemka group companies. With a background in Law & Politics from the School of Oriental and African Studies in London, Raghav plans to pursue a Masters’s in Climate Policy and Action while continuing his advisory role within the Khemka group. Coming from a traditional industrial family, Raghav has embraced a balanced approach to human enterprise and environmental sustainability, actively engaging in scientific methods of growing food and advocating for optimal water and resource utilisation.

Ciara Dalton

Ciara Dalton

VP of Events & Outreach

email: lpsgov-outreach@sas.upenn.edu

Program – Master of Public Administration

Ciara Dalton is starting the MPA program at the Fels Institute of Government in Fall 2023. She recently graduated undergrad at Manhattan College, receiving her bachelor’s in Psychology with a minor in Business. Ciara’s main focus has been women’s policy and supporting survivors of sexual assault. She has founded several initiatives for survivors on her campus and was on the executive board for many events and clubs such as Fuerza Latina. Ciara is looking forward to working with the Penn community and creating spaces that bring students together!