For a Full Curriculum Vitae, Please Click Here
- Anthropology and the Public Interest: Fieldwork and Theory. 1976. New York: Academic Press.
- Female Power and Male Dominance: On the Origins of Sexual Inequality. 1981. New York: Cambridge University Press. Translated into Spanish.
- Divine Hunger: Cannibalism as a Cultural System. 1986. New York: Cambridge University Press. Translated into Japanese. Translated into Chinese.
- Fraternity Gang Rape: Sex, Brotherhood, and Privilege on Campus. 1990. Second Edition: With New Introduction and Afterword 2007. New York. New York University Press.
- Beyond the Second Sex. Edited book with Ruth Goodenough. 1990. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press.
- A Woman Scorned: Acquaintance Rape on Trial. 1996. New York: Doubleday. Paperback Edition, University of California Press, 1997.
- Women at the Center: Life in a Modern Matriarchy. 2002. Cornell: Cornell University Press.
- Aboriginal Paintings of the Wolfe Creek Crater: Track of the Rainbow Serpent. 2007. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.