FilmNation Entertainment is an independent film company focusing on financing, producing and selling films with global appeal. We are a a go-to destination for many of the world’s most renowned filmmakers such as Denis Villeneuve, Steven Soderbergh, Terrence Malick, Pedro Almodóvar, Jonathan Glazer, Jeff Nichols, J.C. Chandor, Rian Johnson, Morten Tyldum, Lenny Abrahamson, and John Lee Hancock. Notable films on our slate include the upcoming thriller “Conclave”, “The Good Nurse”, “Greyhound”, “Promising Young Woman”, “Arrival”, “Imitation Game”, “The Big Sick”, “The Founder” and “The King’s Speech”.
What to expect
All roles interact with multiple facets of the company, ranging primarily from Post Production and Delivery to Marketing, Distribution, Sales, Development. You will get perspective on both independent film financing / producing and international sales through the performance of the following duties:
- Supporting our Worldwide Delivery and Post Production teams manage media assets for international distributors
- Support our online media marketplace
- Participate in regular training seminars led by FilmNation’s executive leadership team.
- Participate and present script recommendations at weekly meeting.
- Preparing and presenting a final research project to the FilmNation staff, on a topic of the intern’s choice.
- Passion for Film
- Ability to write coverage and analyze scripts
- Strong and confident communication and writing skills
- Proficient knowledge of MAC platforms and Excel
- Strong organizational, detail-oriented skills with a proactive attitude
We are looking for individuals who can commit to working for two to three full days per week from 10-12 weeks. Hours are 9:30am-6:30pm. Please note all hours and dates can be flexible.
Who We are Looking For
The RealArts@Penn intern must be ambitious, hard-working and feel comfortable in a dynamic atmosphere where many hats may be required. FilmNation is seeking highly motivated and organized individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in the entertainment industry.
Typical responsibilities include quality assurance on feature elements, advertising/publicity materials, and screening assets for all FilmNation sales and production titles, analyzing script submissions for our sales, production & acquisitions departments assisting with screenings & festivals, and maintaining e-commerce site & digital asset maintenance and upkeep.
More info can be found here: https://www.filmnation.com/