Eligible candidates (U.S. citizens, nationals or permanent residents) will be sophomores and junior science majors from all backgrounds with a minimum 3.0 GPA who show interest in pursuing a PhD in a STEM field and have completed necessary laboratory experience for catalysis projects and/or math background for molecular dynamics projects. Academic qualifications for specific projects will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. In some instances, students with lower GPA could be accepted based on strong recommendations and the essay. Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
We will be selecting 10 students for Summer 2024.
The program will take place May 28 – August 2, 2024.
- Completed On-line application form. It includes general information questionnaire, selection of specific group, and an answers to four questions that you will need to address separately:
- Why are you interested in the REU program?
- What, if any research or background experience have you had that you perceive as being relevant for this internship?
- What areas of research are you interested in and why?
- What are your future career plans?
- Official transcript (unofficial is OK if obtaining an official one is a hardship)
- Two recommendation letters. you will need to provide the contact information of your recommenders. Interfolio will prompt applicants for this information.
The application deadline is February 1 of each year. Accepted students must confirm attendance by mid-March and present proof of citizenship or US residency.
Recommenders will be contacted by Interfolio with detailed instruction on how to submit the letters. They will have reasonable time to submit them once contacted. Request for recommendation letter need to be sent prior to Feb 1, and they have until February 14 to submit the letters.