Penn Arts & Sciences has two 7-Person minivans. The vehicles are available for use by SAS departments programs and classes for the primary purpose of supporting regularly scheduled classes conducted off campus. SAS borrowers have priority. Non-SAS borrowers will be charged a daily rate of $200 for mini-vans, which must be paid by 26-digit code. No overnight trips will be approved.
Guidelines for use:
• We will not lend vehicles for trips to destinations that are accessible by public transportation.
• We will not lend vehicles for numbers of travelers that do not match the size of the vehicles.
• Borrowers who can not be accommodated should see Penn’s Travel and Expense Management (TEM) website for information on renting vehicles from Enterprise and other rental companies or the Transportation & Parking web site.
• In addition to having a valid U.S. driver’s license, anyone wishing to borrow the vehicles must have taken the University’s Office of Risk Management’s online driver training course.
The course is available at Workday https://www.workday.upenn.edu/
To self enroll in the driver training course see Workday Tip Sheet:
This training supersedes all previous training courses. There are 2 driver training courses to choose from. Those wanting to drive SAS vans must take the 10-module VAN Driver Safety Training course. You will need a valid Penn Key in order to access this training program. The driver training must be successfully completed in order to make use of SAS vans. All drivers must be at least 21 years of age. Contact Sara DeMucci at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
• The vehicles are limited to travel of 75 miles round trip from Penn’s campus, according to Google maps.
• Reservations are accepted until two 2 business days prior to requested vehicle use.
There is no online reservation for these vehicles. Print the Vehicle Use Request Form complete the form in full and e-mail to: email@example.com. A copy of your driver’s license and verification from Risk Management of van driver training completion must be submitted at least 24 hours before your reservation, or your reservation will be cancelled.
Users must also:
• Return van keys within 24 hours unless they have semester privileges.
• Fill out the vehicle mileage card and note mileage in/out on the vehicle, and gas level. This card also lists phone numbers of persons to contact in case of emergencies. (SASFPO will reimburse users for gas if the gas gauge is below 3/4 on departure and is returned above 3/4).
• Note any problems with the vehicle on the mileage card.
• Borrowers who owe past charges for vehicles are ineligible to borrow.
Finally, users found to be operating an SAS vehicle in an unsafe or irresponsible manner will be denied reservation privileges in the future. Please refill the van with the amount of fuel you have used (returning it with 3/4 tank minimum) and keep it clean for the next person.