Student Paper Award

I-CSK Student Paper Award: Call for Submissions

The I-CSK Program Committee invites graduate students who have been accepted for presentation at the upcoming I-CSK conference to submit their conference manuscripts for the I-CSK Student Paper Award.

The I-CSK Student Paper Award is given to an outstanding graduate student paper that examines a topic of Korea/Koreans or Korean Diaspora (all broadly defined) from sociological perspectives. The submission for the student paper award must be a full paper written in English with a graduate student as the 1st or sole author of the paper.

To nominate a paper, email (1) a PDF file of the paper with “Student Paper Award” in the subject line to the conference organizer: ICSKatPenn@gmail.com. Please include in your email (2) a one-paragraph description of how the paper contributes to the literature of Sociology of Korea.

The nomination deadline is August 1, 2022. The Awardee(s) will be notified by August 8, 2022. Two awardees will be provided a hotel room for up to 3 nights during the conference from the support by the James Joo-Jin Kim Center for Korean Studies.