Student Paper Award

I-CSK Student Paper Award: Call for Submissions

The I-CSK Program Committee invites graduate students who have been accepted for presentation at the upcoming I-CSK conference to submit their conference manuscripts for the I-CSK Student Paper Award.

The I-CSK Student Paper Award is given to an outstanding graduate student paper that examines a topic of Korea/Koreans or Korean Diaspora (all broadly defined) from sociological perspectives. The submission for the student paper award must be a full paper written in English with a graduate student as the 1st or sole author of the paper. Published papers or papers accepted for publication will not be considered for the student paper award.

To nominate a paper, email (1) a PDF file of the paper with “Student Paper Award” in the subject line to the conference organizer: ICSKatPenn@gmail.com. Please include in your email (2) a one-paragraph description of how the paper contributes to the literature of Sociology of Korea.

The nomination deadline is August 10, 2023. Awardees will be provided a hotel room for up to 3 nights during the conference from the support by the James Joo-Jin Kim Center for Korean Studies.