Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics
B.S. M.I.T. (1968)
Ph.D. University of California at Berkeley (1972)
Emeritus Professor of Physics (University of Pennsylvania)
- Member/Visitor, Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, 2006-2019.
- Senior Scientist/Lecturer, Princeton University, 2011-2018.
- Co-convenor, Workshop on Probing the TeV Scale and Beyond, Mainz Institute for Theoretical Physics, July 2014.
- Editorial Committee, Annual Reviews of Nuclear and Particle Science, 2012-2015.
- Co-convener, Workshop on First Two Years of the LHC, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics in China, Beijing, Summer, 2012.
- Co-convener, Workshop on Strings at the LHC and in the Early Universe, Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara, Spring, 2010.
- Associate Editor, Reviews of Modern Physics, 2007-2013.
- Member, organizing committee for International Conference on High Energy Physics, Philadelphia, 2008 (ICHEP2008).
- Member, Organizing Committee, String Phenomenology, 2008, Philadelphia, May, 2008.
- Chair, Steering Committee for the LHC Theory Initiative, 2006-2015.
- Member, HEPAP subpanel on the University Grants Program, 2006-2007.
- LangackerFest, 60th birthday celebration, University of Pennsylvania, 2006
- Henry Primakoff Lecturer, University of Pennsylvania, 2006
- Fermilab Frontier Fellow, 2005
- Member, High Energy Physics Advisory Panel (HEPAP) of the Department of Energy and National Science Foundation (2002-2005).
- Co-organizer, Aspen Winter Conference At the Frontiers of Particle Physics, 2003.
- Keck Distinguished Visiting Professor, Institute for Advanced Study, 2001
- Chair, Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Pennsylvania (1/96-6/01)
- William Smith Term Professor of Physics, University of Pennsylvania (7/93-6/98)
- Fellow, American Physical Society and AAAS
- Divisional Associate Editor, Physical Review Letters (1998-2004)
- Member, Particle Data Group (1998-2016)
- Member, Steering Committee for SUSY conferences, 1998- .
- Co-chair, SUSY 97, Philadelphia (1997)
- Co-convener, Workshop on Unification: From the Weak Scale to the Planck Scale, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Santa Barbara (1995)
- Editorial Board, Physical Review (1986-88, 1991-93)
- Executive Committee, Division of Particles and Fields of the American Physical Society (1989-1991)
- Scientific Director, Theoretical Advanced Study Institute (TASI) (1990 and 1998)
- Alexander von Humboldt Prize (1988)