Production Assistant Intern
Tremolo Productions is an Academy Award-winning production company that produces documentary and feature films, television and commercial projects. Tremolo was founded in 1999 by Morgan Neville (C’89). For over twenty five years Tremolo has been making films about music, art and cultural subjects including Troubadours, Search and Destroy and three Grammy-nominated films: Respect Yourself: The Stax Records Story, Muddy Waters Can’t Be Satisfied, and Johnny Cash’s America. Tremolo’s non-music films include The Cool School, Won’t You Be My Neighbor, Steinbeck and Shotgun Freeway: Drives Thru Lost L.A.. Neville has also produced many documentaries, including Pearl Jam Twenty, Crossfire Hurricane and Beauty is Embarrassing. His 2013 film, 20 Feet From Stardom, won numerous awards including the 2014 Academy Award for Best Documentary and a Grammy Award for Best Music Film. Tremolo’s most recent films include the acclaimed documentary Best of Enemies, The Music of Strangers: Yo-Yo Ma and The Silk Road Ensemble, and Keith Richards: Under the Influence.
What to expect
This RealArts@Penn internship will offer incredible hands-on experience working on documentaries in various stages of production. The perfect candidate is passionate about music and the arts and aspires to learn more about documentary filmmaking. We have multiple projects in the works, so interns must be eager to assist in all facets of the filmmaking process.
We want you to come out of this internship even more passionate and excited about documentaries than when you came in. We hope to inspire you to go out and make your own documentary. We hope to find a future collaborator in you. We love young people that are eager to learn and grow in the movie business, and we love to help people who are willing to start on the ground floor, work their way up and learn by doing.
In this position you can expect:
- A well-rounded experience on all phases of documentary production from development and research, to production, and through the distribution and release phases of the process
- A strong collaborative atmosphere where we encourage you to share your ideas
- A creative and engaging environment
- A new challenge every day
- On set PA tasks, assisting crew with setup, running errands, using muscle and creativity when needed
- Production office experience, phones, errands
- Research for projects in production and development of new projects
- Post-production, editing and media management tasks, transcribing, media managing, etc.
- Writing experience, log lines, press release, marketing materials, etc.
Who We are Looking For
- A “yes” person with problem solving skills
- An efficient multi-tasker
- A friendly, fun and creative collaborator
- Someone passionate about music and documentary film